Enjoy a taste of the Caribbean with seasoned vegetables, tilapia and pears, baked in no-fuss foil or parchment packets.
- 1 For the Carnival Roasted Potatoes:
- 2 small red potatoes
- 2 small Yukon potatoes
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, cut into 1" chunks
- 1 cup green beans (fresh, frozen, or canned)
- 1 Roma tomato, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoon chopped white onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 For the Tilapia Oven Packets:
- 1 pound tilapia fillets, fresh, or frozen (4-4-oz tilapia fillets)
- 1 tablespoon salt-free Caribbean citrus seasoning blend
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 D'Anjou pears (medium)
1. Heat oven to 425 °F.
2. Scrub potatoes under running water, cut into 1-inch chunks.
3. In a large bowl, toss potatoes with other vegetables, seasonings, and olive oil. Spread mix in a 2-quart baking dish and place in oven.
4. Roast until potatoes and other vegetables are tender, about 30-40 minutes.
5. About 15 minutes after the potato dish was placed in the oven, put in a baking sheet with fish packets, prepared as follows:
6. Brush fish with olive oil, coat with seasoning blend.
7. Place each filet in the center of a square of aluminum foil (or substitute foil with parchment paper).
8. Cut pears into quarters and core; slice into thin wedges (about 8-12 per pear).Top fish with pear wedges.
9. Bring the foil over the fish and fruit. Fold and pinch the seams.
10. Place foil packets on a baking sheet. Bake about 20 minutes, until tilapia is cooked to an internal temperature of 145°F, confirmed with a food thermometer, and fruit is tender.
11. To serve, carefully open the packet, slide contents onto individual serving plates, and add roasted vegetables.
Serving Suggestions: Serve with an 8 oz glass of non-fat milk.