Savory chicken and mushrooms balanced with the sweetness of raisins and red bell peppers will make this curried one-pan recipe a family favorite.
- 1 1/2 teaspoon olive oil (extra virgin or virgin)
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 12 oz, diced into 1 inch cubes)
- 2 cup sliced fresh white mushrooms
- 2 cup sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper (cut into 3/4" squares)
- 2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 cup instant whole-grain rice
- 1 1/2 tablespoon curry powder
- Heat olive oil in large sauté pan.
- With heat on medium-high, place chicken in pan and cover with lid.
- Cook chicken about 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and peppers to pan and sauté 3-4 minutes.
- Add chicken broth.
- Gently mix in raisins, rice, and curry powder; bring to boil, reduce heat and cover.
- Simmer until rice is done; fluff with fork and let sit 3-5 minutes before serving.
Serving Suggestions: Add a side salad with light dressing and an 8 oz glass of fat-free milk.
Time Saving Ideas: Purchase sliced mushrooms, fresh or frozen bell pepper strips, and pre-cooked, diced chicken.