Try this spin on an all-time favorite chicken and dumplings. This easy, one-pot meal can be made for a family or ready to serve a crowd.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups carrot, chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped, including some leaves
- 8 cups chicken broth, fat free, reduced sodium
- 2 cups cooked chicken breast, shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup skim milk
- 1 egg, large
The "Grain Chain," a group of MyPlate National Strategic Partners committed to promoting and supporting grains, offers a series of recipes featuring whole grains. Members include American Bakers Association, Wheat Food Council, Grains Food Foundation, National Pasta Association, USA Rice Federation, General Mills, and Kellogg's.