Fresh avocado with red potatoes, chicken, and a lemon-yogurt dressing are a winning combination for this main-dish salad.
- 3 medium red potatoes
- 1 fresh ripe, avocado
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 green onions (chopped)
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper (chopped)
- 8 ounces frozen pre-cooked grilled chicken strips (about 8 strips) (thawed, cut into bite-size pieces)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup lemon non-fat yogurt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1. In a medium sauce pan, boil potatoes about 20 minutes, until just tender; run under cold water to cool, and cut into chunks.
2. Peel avocado and cut into chunks; coat with lemon juice.
3. Whisk olive oil, vinegar, yogurt, and pepper in a small bowl.
4. Place all ingredients in large bowl. Gently toss.
Serving Suggestions Serve with an 8 oz glass of non-fat milk, 1 slice of whole-grain bread, and apple slices.