Your MyPlate Plan:
Below are the daily recommended amounts for each food group.
Click on the food group buttons to learn more and get started.
|2 1/2 cups|
1 cup from the Fruit Group counts as:
- 1 cup raw, frozen, or cooked/canned fruit; or
- 1/2 cup dried fruit; or
- 1 cup 100% fruit juice
1 cup from the Vegetable Group counts as:
- 1 cup raw or cooked/canned vegetables; or
- 2 cups leafy salad greens; or
- 1 cup 100% vegetable juice
1 ounce from the Grains Group counts as:
- 1 slice bread; or
- 1 ounce ready-to-eat cereal; or
- 1/2 cup cooked rice, pasta, or cereal
1 ounce from the Protein Foods Group counts as:
- 1 ounce cooked/canned lean meats, poultry, or seafood; or
- 1 egg; or
- 1 Tbsp peanut butter; or
- 1/4 cup cooked beans or peas; or
- 1/2 ounce nuts or seeds
1 cup from the Dairy Group counts as:
- 1 cup milk; or
- 1 cup yogurt; or
- 1 cup fortified soy beverage; or
- 1 1/2 ounces natural cheese or 2 ounces processed cheese
|Ready to put your plan into action? |
Use the resources in the Action Guide to reach your goals!
Talk with your health care provider about an eating pattern and physical activity program that is right for you.