Health and Nutrition Information for Preschoolers
Preschoolers' immune systems are still developing.
This makes it easier for them to become ill. That's why it's important to follow the recommended food safety guidelines.
Keep food safe to eat by following these general guidelines for everyone to avoid foodborne illness:
|CLEAN:||Wash hands and surfaces often.|
|SEPARATE:||Don't cross-contaminate. For example, after cutting meat, wash the knife before using it to cut vegetables.|
|COOK:||Cook to proper temperature using a food thermometer.|
Click here to learn more about these guidelines.
In addition, follow these specific guidelines for preschoolers:
- Foods to avoid to prevent foodborne illness
- Foods that can be choking hazards
- The importance of hand washing
- Smart safety tips
- Serving seafood to your preschooler
- If your preschooler has any food allergies or food intolerances, speak with your doctor for more information.