National Strategic Partners
National Strategic Partners** will consist of companies/organizations that are national in scope and reach and also fulfill the following requirements:
- They must have a health mandate consistent with the Dietary Guidelines for Americans and the mission of the USDA's Center for Nutrition Policy & Promotion (CNPP).
- They will promote nutrition content in the context of the entirety of the Dietary Guidelines for Americans.
- They will specifically disseminate CNPP's Dietary Guidelines messages.
- They will participate in CNPP sessions to develop and execute a joint strategic nutrition promotion plan annually.
** National Strategic Partner examples include large, national organizations such as healthcare corporations, media outlets, grocery retailers, health professional associations, restaurant chains, and food manufacturers.
You can see the MyPlate Strategic Partner Outreach Reports for details on recent partnership activities:
- "Make half your plate fruits and vegetables," May 2012
- "Enjoy your food, but eat less," January - April 2012
- "Drink water instead of sugary drinks," May - August 2012
- "Make at least half your grains whole grains," September - December 2012