Pledging to be a MyPlate Champion is a promise to eat healthy and be active every day. Learning how to make healthy choices at home and at school is an important part of taking care of you. The first step is to know which choices are best for you. Use ideas from the list below to get started.
MyPlate Champion Check List
- Eat more fruits and veggies. Make half your plate fruits and vegetables everyday!
- Try whole grains. Ask for oatmeal, whole-wheat breads, or brown rice at meals.
- Re-think your drink. Drink fat-free or low-fat milk or water instead of sugary drinks.
- Focus on lean protein. Choose protein foods like beans, fish, lean meats, and nuts.
- Slow down on sweets. Eat sweets, like cakes or cookies, once in a while and in small amounts.
- Be active your way. Find ways to exercise and be active for at least 1 hour a day like walking to school, riding your bike, or playing a sport with friends.
Can you pledge to eat healthy and be active? If you answered yes, you have what it takes to be a MyPlate Champion!
Press the MyPlate button to personalize and print your own MyPlate Champion certificate.