Healthy Eating on a Budget
Prepare Healthy Meals
Tasty & low-cost recipes
Sometimes the hardest part of being in the kitchen is deciding what to make. Visit one of the resources below to discover delicious and inexpensive recipes your family will love.
The What's Cooking? USDA Mixing Bowl is an interactive tool to help with healthy meal planning, cooking, and grocery shopping. The site features a searchable database of healthy recipes, options to save recipes to a cookbook, print recipe cards, and share recipes via social media. All of the recipes previously on ChooseMyPlate.gov have been moved to this website and join thousands more from other USDA programs: Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Women, Infants, and Children (WIC), USDA Foods, and Team Nutrition.
Visit the links below for more recipe ideas and inspiration:
- MyPlate Kid’s Place: Recipes (English, Español)
- MyPlate On Campus: Recipes
- Healthy Recipes from the White House to You
- NHLBI Delicious Heart Healthy Recipes
- NHLBI: Fun Family Recipes
- Steps to Healthy Economical Meals