ChooseMyPlate.gov provides practical information to individuals, health professionals, nutrition educators, and the food industry to help consumers build healthier diets with resources and tools for dietary assessment, nutrition education, and other user-friendly nutrition information. As Americans are experiencing epidemic rates of overweight and obesity, the online resources and tools can empower people to make healthier food choices for themselves, their families, and their children.
MyPlate illustrates the five food groups that are the building blocks for a healthy diet using a familiar image -- a place setting for a meal. Before you eat, think about what goes on your plate or in your cup or bowl.
MyPlate, MiPlato, and ChooseMyPlate.gov were developed by and are maintained by the USDA Center for Nutrition Policy & Promotion.
USDA Center for Nutrition Policy & Promotion
- Advance and promote dietary guidance for all Americans, and
- Conduct applied research and analyses in nutrition and consumer economics.
CNPP's core projects to support its objectives are the following:
- Dietary Guidelines for Americans
- USDA Food Guidance System (MyPlate, MyPyramid, Food Guide Pyramid)
- Healthy Eating Index
- U.S. Food Plans
- Nutrient Content of the U.S. Food Supply
- Expenditures on Children by Families